Contest Rules and FAQs
1. Indie International Songwriting Contest (IISC) accepts entries from all countries of the world. At the current time however, Indie International can only accept songs whose lyrics are submitted in English or Spanish. Songs with Spanish lyrics must be submitted with English translation lyrics sheet.
2. Contestants must be at least 13 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have permission and clearance to enter the Contest from your parent or legal guardian.
3. Each song submitted must be contestant's original work. Songs may not exceed six (6) minutes in length. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one name as the primary contact on your profile.
4. Contestants may submit up to ten songs per contest, and can be entered into one genre, or divided between genres, but each entry requires a separate entrance fee.
5. Entrance fee is non-refundable. Only online submissions made through the Indie International website will be accepted.
6. Songs & entry forms will not be accepted my mail. The IISC is not responsible for faulty file uploads accompanying online entries. All song entries must be uploaded by midnight, PST, on the closing date for that given contest.
7. Employees of Indie international, their families, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible. The family, friends and affiliates of our sponsors and judges are also ineligible. "Friends of Indie International" (Indie International's individual affiliate program) participants are eligible to enter the contest.
8. Prizes (for contests ending in 2021): The Indie International Songwriting Contest will award all prizes listed on the Prize page. In addition, FIRST & SECOND place winners in each genre will be featured on the front page of the Indie International website until winners for the following contest are announced. All prize winners will be permanently featured on the website. There will be no transfer and substitution of prizes except as necessary due to availability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
9. All winners agree to release IISC and sponsors from all liability regarding prizes won. All federal, state, and local taxes, and customs fees, when applicable, are the sole responsibility of winner. Please note that prizes which are being sent to winners from sponsors may take longer than prizes sent directly from IISC. Prize packages, prize levels, and number of winners for future contests are subject to change for each contest.
10. To insure a competitive pool of entries: Indie International reserves the right to extend contest period dates for any given contest, and/or consolidate genre categories. Contest period not to exceed 12 months.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org